The Scorpio MKII HV is built specifically for the taller, broader sea kayakers out there and those with the grandest of expeditions in mind.
The Scorpio shares the same progressive hull profile as the Cetus, transitioning seamlessly from a slender bow to a highly stable, slight ‘V’ body with rounded chines, giving a smooth ride and effortless control in all conditions; generous bow rocker means that the Scorpio MKII also runs with the waves like no other polyethylene sea kayak out there.
Building on the legacy of the original Scorpio, the Scorpio MKII has retained the same essence that makes it the sea kayak trusted most by paddlers across the globe, with just minor tweaks to the hull profile for improved stability in waves and when kayak sailing, and a deck redesigned around the requirements of modern sea kayaking.
The back deck volume has been reduced and the cockpit rim profile lowered to provide easy rolling and smooth re-entry, and the bow deck profile has been tweaked slightly to provide more comfortable connectivity around the knees and allow a sail to lay flat against the boat when not in use. Drainage has also been improved around the hatch covers, and the hatch rims themselves angled slightly to improve access, particularly when loading longer items such as tents.
With a whole plethora of other additions such as recesses for secure split paddle storage, moulded-in inserts to take a kayak sail mast foot, and the option of a standard skeg or the revolutionary Skudder system, no other polyethylene sea kayak on the market is as fully featured and ready for adventure as this.
Also available in CoreLite X
- Designed around open water expeditions but equally suited to day trip exploration.
- Swede-form design with widest point behind seat for maximum stability with minimal hindrance to paddle strokes.
- Shallow ‘V’ Hull with rounded chines for the ultimate blend of performance, control and stability.
- Maximum waterline for efficient travel over long distances.
- Bungee-retained, ergonomic toggle handles for comfortable carrying and safe rescues.
- Market-leading KajakSport hatch covers throughout.
- Available with Skeg or the revolutionary Skudder system.
- Versatile, 4-Hatch design; Bow, Stern, Day and Pod (lightly angled for easier access).
- Moulded-in fittings for fast and simple installation of the P&H sail systems.
- Lightweight and highly durable bow and double-stern foam bulkheads.
- Form-fitting, 5-point adjustment; seat trim, foot pegs, hip pads, thigh grips and backrest.
- Skeg slider positioned on deck to avoid interference with high angle paddle strokes.
- Low profile back deck and cockpit rim for easy rolling and re-entry.
- Split paddle and compass recesses on forward deck.
- High strength, full deck lines and bungees for ample storage and rescue options.
|Length:535cm||Width:61cm||Internal Cockpit Length:80.5cm||Internal Cockpit Width:43cm|
|VOLUMES & HATCHES|
|Total Volume:344l||Front Hatch:60l||Day Hatch:32l||Rear Hatch:64l Mini Hatch:4l|
|Corelite Weight: 32kg|
|Length||535cm / 17' 7"|
|Width||61cm / 24"|
|Internal Cockpit Length||80.5cm / 31.7"|
|Internal Cockpit Width||43cm / 16.9"|
|VOLUMES & HATCHES|
|Total Volume||344l / 90.9 US gal|
|Front Hatch||60l / 15.9 US gal|
|Day Hatch||32l / 8.5 US gal|
|Rear Hatch||64l / 16.9 US gal|
|Mini Hatch||4l / 1.1 US gal|
|CoreLite||32kg / 70.5lb|
|Load Weight Range||75 - 135kg / 165 - 297lb|