Simon has been kayaking since he was 7 years old. He started off on white water but moved into sea kayaking in 2001.
In 2002 Simon became the youngest person to Circumnavigate Great Britain, which he did in the memory of his brother Mark who he lost to Leukaemia when he was 13 years old. Simon has since gone on to paddle in all corners of the world in tropical, temperate and polar environments.
Simon is now a director at Sea Kayaking Cornwall running courses and expeditions all over the globe. To Simon, his sea kayak is his most important tool to allow him to work and explore.
Simon tests our designs out on the water pushing the designs and construction; you will regularly see him paddling the Cetus out on expeditions, the Aries coaching, the Delphin in the rough stuff and the Hammer when he is pushing it close to the rocks.br>
- Circumnavigation of the UK (Kayaking for Cancer 2002)
- Circumnavigation of Ireland 2004 (kayaking for Cancer 2004)
- Madagascan Expedition 2007-9
- Paddled the entire coast of South Korea 2011
- Rowed the Atlantic ocean as a team of four 2012